Since its establishment in 2003, CCCAA and its members have been very active in participating in community events in the Greater Washington area.
- We were a partner in the 20?? Census and have conducted several voter registration drives.
- Our members have volunteered on Earth Day
- Marched along with other groups in the national Independence Parade in WashingtonD.C.
- Participated in the Memorial Day and Labor Day Parades in Montgomery County (INSERT OTHER PARADES HERE IF ANY)
- In 2007, CCCAA received a special invitation to take part in the Inaugural Parade of the Governor of Maryland in Annapolis.
- We also participated in the annual Chinese Cultural Festival in Washington D.C., the Asian and Pacific American Heritage Month celebration in the United States Congress, and the Asian Cultural Festival in Montgomery County.
- Furthermore, CCCAA in 2004 led and joined forces with the Korean American and the Vietnamese American communities in successfully getting the Maryland General Assembly to pass a legislation designating Lunar New Year Day as a Day of Commemoration in Maryland. The Governor of Maryland signed the legislation in 2005. Since then, successive Maryland Governors have hosted an annual Lunar New Year celebration in the Governor’s official residence.
- For the past several years, we have been invited by the NBA to perform an annual Lunar New Year celebration at the Verizon Center in Washington D.C., and the annual performance has always been well received by the basketball fans at the game.
- CCCAA hosts large cultural performances several times a year at the Strathmore Music Center at Rockville, Maryland or other locations. These performances include Chinese martial art and acrobatic exhibition, music and dances, Sichuan Changing Faces and more. Almost all of the performers are professionals who have many years of stage experience. Please contact us if you are interested in seeing one of these live shows.
Since its establishment in 2003, CCCAA has been increasingly expanding its influence and activities. With your help and support, CCCAA will continue to grow and serve our society better. We will announce our future activities on this website and hope that you will be able to come see us in action.